Dental services are contracted by Stoney Health Services and funded by Health Canada. The goal of our Dental Services is improve dental health by the detection and early treatment of dental and oral diseases among Stoney Nakoda First Nation reserve.
Our short-term objective is to enhance prevention, detection and early treatment of dental and oral diseases among Stoney Nakoda First Nation reserve.
- Oral health assessment, individualized care planning
- Radiography (x-rays)
- Education on how to prevent gum disease and cavities
- Education on how to brush, clean between your teeth, and the best products to use in your mouth
- Removal of tartar, plaque, and stain (scaling, root planning, deep cleaning)
- Tooth polishing
- Fluoride application
- Preventive sealants (pit and fissure sealants)
- Treatment of tooth sensitivity
- Nutritional analysis
- Pain control (local anesthetic injections)
- Children’s Dentistry
- Crowns and Bridges
- Oral Sedation Dentistry
- Root Canal Treatment
Preventative services are offered through the Children’s Oral Health Initiative (COHI).
COHI offers the following services:
- Dental Screenings – visual check without radiography
- Fluoride Varnish applications
- Dental Sealants
- Health Education- prenatal classes, health fairs, oral hygiene instruction