The Stoney Home and Community Care Program (HCCP) is based on an integrated and coordinated holistic approach to help people to receive care at home, rather than in a hospital or long-term care facility; and ultimately to live as independently as possible in the community. The Program provides comprehensive Home Care services, coordination of related community and health services, Case Management for clients with chronic and/or complex health needs and the continuous evaluation of all home care components to ensure optimal care. Our HCC services are delivered by regulated health care professionals (five (5) Registered Nurses and two (2) Licensed Practical Nurses), non-regulated workers (two (2) Home Care Aide) and allied health professional (one (1) Occupational Therapist). SHS clients include community members with acute and chronic disease conditions, palliative care and end-of-life support needs as well as those, with mental, physical, and other disease related disabilities.
The goals of the SHS Home and Community Care Program are to provide services that are culturally sensitive and help Stoney community members to:
- Preserve and/or maximize their wellness and independence to prevent or delay the need for institutional care
- Maintain or improve their health status and quality of life.
- Remain as independent as possible.
- Support informal/family caregivers while addressing their needs for care.
- Stay at or return home and receive needed treatment, rehabilitation or palliative care.
- Case Management for appropriate delivery of services to ensure optimal care.