The Nutrition Education Program provides opportunities for clientele to gain experience in developing skills in decision making based on accurate nutrition information that meets identified needs.
Nutrition Services include:
- Pre and post pregnancy nutritional support services are available to all new and expecting mothers;
- Breastfeeding support, introduction of solid foods and baby food making.
- Toddler nutrition and food allergies.
- Family and individual meal planning education.
- Childhood nutrition intake for optimal growth and immunity support.
- Nutritional needs for Elders.
- Dietary assessment across the lifecycle to support medical nutrition therapy to manage chronic and acute disease conditions. (ISB, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, anemia, illness and immunity).
- Medical nutrition therapy to support home and community care program and outside health professional referrals.
- Support diabetes prevention through screening and traditional lifestyles.
- Empower community organizations to provide nutritionally balanced meals and snacks to Nation members.
- Develop, implement and evaluate nutritional and wellness workshops and presentations.
- Implore food sovereignty and traditional foods value for balanced nutrition and wellness.
- Works to improve nutritional well-being and enhance self-management of health, as well as reducing risk of chronic disease.