Healthier people in a healthier Stoney Nation .
To promote health, prevent injury and disease, treat illness and injury to promote the wellbeing of all people .
To provide leadership and community support through emphasis on health promotion, wellness and illness prevention; and, on building healthy, dynamic communities in the Stoney Nation.
Health is a shared responsibility.
Health and wellness add to quality of life.
Health promotion is a cost-effective investment for the future.
Healthy communities include supportive families and partnerships, healthy neighbourhoods and environments and related systems.
Individuals and communities are capable of identifying their needs and adapting to meet them.
Our management philosophy applies to everyone in our organisation regardless of title. In addition, it extends to our relationship with clients, service providers, the Stoney Nation and the community at large, as follows :
- We believe that the most valued resources in our organisation is people.
- We believe in fostering care, dignity and respect for each other.
- We believe that integrity is vital to all aspects of our organisation.
- We believe in open, honest communication.
- We believe that working together is essential to the ongoing success of the organisation.
- We believe that we are all accountable for our actions.
- We believe that education enhances growth and development of the individual and the organisation.
- We believe that continuous improvement, innovation and a sense of discovery will lead our organisation into the future.
OUR CODE OF ETHICS
Ethical Values: The five (5) following Ethical Values guide our decisions and our actions at Stoney Health Services :1) Accountability, 2) Inclusiveness, 3) Openness and Transparency, 4) Reasonableness, and 5) Responsiveness, as explained below:
Accountability: Our mandate encompasses public protection and patient safety. We are collectively accountable to the community, to our clients and to society generally.
Inclusiveness: In the process of planning for health needs, our decision-making process will be inclusive, taking into account views of our clients, our healthcare providers, and the community and other pertinent partners-in-care.
Openness (Transparency): Our decision-making process shall be open and transparent. We shall strive make ethical decisions that are publicly defensible.
Reasonableness: Our decision-making process shall be based on evidence, principles and values that are agreed upon by relevant parties. Our decision-makers shall be credible and held accountable for their decisions.
Responsiveness: Decisions shall be reviewed and/or revised in a timely manner, either formally or informally, as new information emerges to best adapt care to the needs of clients.