Turning Point Community Wellness Program and NNADAP Intake
Days of Operation
Monday to Friday
Hours of Operation
9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Stoney Health Centre
(403) 881-3920 Call
(403) 801-3484 Text
The Turning Point Community Wellness Program consists of mental health therapists who work with children, youth, adults, Elders, couples and families regarding their mental health and well-being.
Our team supports the community with addiction and substance use, anger management, anxiety, depression, career and employment related issues, grief and loss, family or domestic violence, marital or relationship issues, parenting or child care issues, sexual abuse and/or assault, Indian Residential School support, psychosis, suicidal thoughts, stress, trauma or any other concern that is effecting your well-being.
No referral necessary. Walk-Ins welcome.
- Confidential counseling for individuals, couples and families
- Crisis Intervention and support
- Addiction support, detox and treatment referrals
- NNADAP intake services and recovery support
- Cultural Liaison support
- Group based programs and sharing circles
SHS Social Workers support individuals, couples and families in identifying and achieving their goals. They support community members who access health care services through Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB). Through advocacy and support, they provide holistic and culturally appropriate care to members of the Stoney Nakoda Nation.
- Client advocacy and support
- Assistance with obtaining identification
- Assistance navigating NIHB, AISH, Jordan’s Principle, Income Support, etc.
- Support with health care decisions
- Housing placement
- Hospital discharge planning
- End of life planning
- Other assessments and referrals as needed
Note: we are NOT first responders and DO NOT do home visits to check on personal welfare or safety of individuals (ie- suicidal ideation, psychosis or risk of danger and/or violence). In these emergency situations, call Nakoda EMS or RCMP at 911 or 403-932-2222.