Days of Operation
Monday – Friday
Hours of operation
Stoney Health Center
(403) 881-2877 Call
(403) 801-3484 Text
The Turning Point Community Wellness Program consists of Mental Health Therapists who work with children, youth, adults, Elder’s, couples and families regarding their mental health and well-being.
This may include, but is not limited to: addiction and substance use, anger management, anxiety, depression, career and employment related issues, grief and loss, family or domestic violence, marital or relationship issues, parenting or child care issues, sexual abuse and/or assault, Indian Residential School support, psychosis, suicidal thoughts, stress, trauma or any other concern that is effecting your well-being.
No referral necessary. Walk-Ins welcome.
- – Confidential counseling for individuals, couples and families
- – Crisis Intervention and support
- – Addiction support, detox and treatment referrals
- – NNADAP intake services and recovery support
- – Cultural Liaison support
- – Group based programs and sharing circles
Please note: we are NOT first responders and DO NOT do home visits to check on personal welfare or safety of individuals (ie- suicidal ideation, psychosis or risk of danger and/or violence); in this case, call Nakoda EMS or RCMP at 403-932-2222
Social Work and NIHB Navigation Services:
The SHS Social Workers support individuals, couples and families in identifying and achieving their goals. The NIHB navigator supports community members who access health care services through Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB). Through advocacy and support, they provide holistic and culturally appropriate care to members of the Stoney Nakoda Nation.
- – Client advocacy and support
- – Assistance with obtaining identification
- – Assistance navigating NIHB, AISH, Jordan’s Principle, Income Support, etc.
- – Support with health care decisions
- – Housing placement
- – Hospital Discharge planning
- – End of life planning
- – Other assessments and referrals as needed.