Looking Ahead...Moving Forward
Stoney Health Services remains committed to acting in the best interests of the people we serve and is guided by the following strategic priorities:
- Creation of a substance use treatment facility in Morley. The Stoney Nakoda Adult Wellness Centre opens in 2022/23 and will serve Nation members from all three communities.
- Work with the community to continue the Drug Reduction Strategy including enhanced harm reduction services, development of a safe withdrawal center, a walk-in addictions clinic and comprehensive aftercare services.
- Double the footprint of the Stoney Health Centre to meet growing needs of the community.
- Work with the community to improve quality of housing for vulnerable clients.
- Creation of a pain management clinic for people living with chronic pain.
- Creation of a continuing care centre to provide integrated assisted living, long-term and palliative care services on the Nation.
- Establish a health governance committee mandated to provide direction to Stoney Health Services and report to Stoney Nakoda Chiefs and Tribal Council.
- Improve the effectiveness of the electronic health records system.
- Initiate block funding to ensure more flexible use of funding.
- Reduce ‘no-show’ rates for Stoney Health Services to avoid disappointing clients waiting for services and allocate our resources more effectively and efficiently.
- Creation of a men’s shelter.
- Expand Nakoda Head Start services.
- Maintain our Accreditation Status with Accreditation Canada.
- Ensure dedicated, trained reception personnel at all times.
- Extend opening hours to 6 pm, two nights per week.
- Implement a dedicated phone line.
- Ensure timely immunizations and prenatal/postnatal care.
- Implement dedicated dietetic services for clients followed by the diabetic educator.
Community Health & Wellness
- Improve immunization rates for infants, pre-school & school-aged children
- Implement formal Case Management process for at-risk Mothers
- Increase Maternal-Child Health/Fetal Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Home Visitor visits
- Develop a Syphilis Outbreak strategy
- Improve Influenza vaccination rates
Home & Community Care
- Increase access to after hours services.
- Improve hospital to home discharge planning.
- Implement chronic disease management.
- Consolidate long-term, end-of-life and palliative care services.
Addictions & Mental Health Services
- Implement a mental health case management process for persons with complex needs.
- Consolidate collaborations between crisis support & mental health services.
- Improve outreach support for opioid replacement therapy (ORT).
Crisis & Community Outreach Services
- Integrate and streamline Crisis Team with Mental Health Services.
- Improve access to services near the Health Centre on-call & after-hours services.
- Improve client uptake and prioritisation at point-of-contact (‘no wrong door’).
- Work with the community to develop transitional housing.