Days of Operation
Monday to Friday
Hours of Operation
9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Family Resource Center, clients’ homes & various community venues, as required.
(403) 881-3920, Ext. 728
Stoney Health Services (SHS) Home and Community Care Services are federally funded healthcare and personal support services for clients of all ages in order to help Nation members to live at home independently and safely, for as long possible. Home and Community Care Services supplement care and supports provided by families and community services, but are not meant to replace them. The Home and community Care Program may not be able to provide all services a client may need, but it can help arrange other supports provided in the community.
- Mandatory client assessments to identify needs
- Case Management services to develop and coordinate care plans with the clients and their families
- Professional nursing services such as:
- Surveillance and self-management support for illnesses and /or disabilities
- Wound and footcare
- Ostomy care
- Medication self-management
- Health teaching for clients and their caregivers
- In-Home Respite Care to provide a short break for family caregivers
- Personal Care Services for help with:
- Personal hygiene and bathing, grooming, dressing etc.
- Care of bed-bound clients
- Home management assistance (i.e. meal preparation, light housework, laundry, shopping etc.)
- Linkages with other services (i.e. Medical, Diabetes Wellness, Physiotherapy, Social Work services etc.)
- Access to medical supplies, equipment and pharmaceuticals