Days of Operation
Thursdays and 2nd &
4th Friday every month
Hours of Operation
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Family Resource Centre (Wesley Lodge),
Stoney Health Centre
(403) 881-3920, Ext. 796
Occupational Therapy Services
Stoney Health Service’s (SHS) Occupational Therapist collaborates with the SHS multi-disciplinary team to provide culturally-sensitive assessment, consultation, and education to Morley community members.
The goal of Occupational Therapy (OT) is to ensure that clients can engage in self care, productivity and leisure activities while maintaining their maximal independence in these areas.
The OT will work with clients and come up with solutions to barriers that interfere with their day-to-day functioning.
- Assessments of clients’ functions (physical abilities, mental abilities, social and emotional supports, physical environment)
- Administration of standardized assessments, as necessary, to obtain further information regarding client’s functioning
- Referrals to health care professionals, social supports and other agencies
- Recommend and provide timely access to adaptive equipment and resources through collaboration with medical equipment suppliers, NIHB and AADL
- Collaborate with Stoney Tribal Administration housing departments to address home modifications and barrier free access
- Facilitate Falls Prevention programming with community members