Days of Operation
Monday – Friday
Hours of operation
9:00am – 4:30pm
Stoney Health Centre
The SHS Nutrition Program provides culturally-sensitive consultation, assessment, education as well as direct nutrition/dietetic services to Morley community members needing assistance to improve their overall nutritional status, reduce the incidence/impact of disease and improve their quality of life.
– Nutritional screening and assessment of clients’ dietary habits, nutritional needs, dietary restrictions and current health plans;
– Culturally-sensitive nutritional awareness, educational and advisory services to groups and individuals;
– Individualised dietary/nutritional care plans and related meal planning with clients and their families,
– Nutritional awareness activities for the community, in general, and targeted groups in particular (i.e. pre-natal / post-natal and breastfeeding mothers, post-operative clients, individuals with Diabetes, the elderly, newborns, toddlers children; individuals with special needs requiring medical nutrition therapy, overweight clients; renal, diabetic, critically ill and/or other chronically ill clients).
– Advising local schools and other agencies about food-related sanitation, safety procedures, menu development, budgeting, as well as the planning, implementation and evaluation of food service facilities and nutrition programs