Days of Operation
Monday to Friday
Hours of Operation
9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Stoney Health Centre and various community venues
(403) 881-3920, Ext. 710
The Stoney Health Services (SHS) Nutrition Program provides culturally-sensitive consultation, assessment, education as well as direct nutrition/dietetic services to Morley community members needing assistance to improve their overall nutritional status, reduce the incidence/impact of disease and improve their quality of life.
- Nutritional screening and assessment of clients’ dietary habits, nutritional needs, dietary restrictions and current health plans
- Culturally-sensitive nutritional awareness, educational and advisory services to groups and individuals
- Individualized dietary/nutritional care plans and related meal planning with clients and their families
- Nutritional awareness activities for the community, in general, and targeted groups in particular such as: pre-natal / post-natal and breastfeeding mothers, post-operative clients, individuals with Diabetes, the elderly, newborns, toddlers children; individuals with special needs requiring medical nutrition therapy; overweight clients as well as renal, diabetic, critically ill and/or other chronically ill clients
- Advising local schools and other agencies about food-related sanitation, safety procedures, menu development, budgeting, as well as the planning, implementation and evaluation of food service facilities and nutrition programs.
- Canmore Food Support Services (PDF handout)
- Cochrane and Calgary Area Food Support Services (PDF handout)
- Healthy Eating for Toddlers and Children (PDF handout)
- COVID-19 Financial Support Benefits (PDF handout0