Days of Operation
Monday to Friday
Hours of Operation
9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Stoney Health Center
(403) 881-3920, Ext. 725
Community Health Services: Our federally-funded Community Health Services work to enhance the health and well-being of members of the Stoney Nation by providing a broad range of culturally-sensitive, community-based activities that focus as health promotion and injury/illness prevention, maternal and infant health, child health, school health, adolescent health, adult health, and elder health activities and programs such as those listed below.
- Canada Prenatal Nutrition Program (CPNP): This optional program includes, comprehensive family planning, pre and post-natal health education, nutritional guidance, breastfeeding support and general guidance for expectant and/or new mothers and their children (until about the sixth month of life)
- Prenatal classes for expectant mothers, family members any other support persons wishing to attend
- Well-Baby Visits at the Stoney Health Center for infants, toddlers and school aged children to monitor the child’s growth and to monitor the child’s growth and development, vaccinate infants and support mothers/families etc.
- Home visits for each new mother (3 per family)
- Lactation Consultations
- Child Health Activities such as health clinics, injury prevention education, developmental assessments, daycare education, nutrition guidance, and parenting classes
- <>School Health Activities such as vision, hearing and growth screening; educational, nutritional and/or growth and development sessions; health resources for teachers; referrals and assistance for common childhood diseases (i.e. head lice) ; support for chronic medical conditions ; talking to children about puberty and sexuality, mental health, substance abuse puberty and sexuality, mental health, substance abuse, injury prevention etc.