Days of Operation
Mondays – Friday
Hours of operation
9:00am – 4:30pm
Family Resource Center, and
Family Resource Network
Iy’arhe Nakoda Youth Outreach Program (INYO)
INYO is a comprehensive community outreach program that focuses on prevention and intervention to promote wellbeing through a resiliency framework for Young people, aged 12- 18 years old, in the community of Morley and surrounding areas.
- – To engage with community youth in various platforms to encourage growth in self-esteem, confidence and leadership through preventive measures and mentorship program.
- – Through a holistic approach, engage with and support youth through Stoney Nakoda Traditional teachings to connect with the traditional ways of knowing to support identity.
- – Work collaboratively with the Stoney Health Service Multidisciplinary, Crisis Teams, The Stoney Education Authority, the Stoney Child & Family Services and all other interested parties including leadership, community members, and other local agencies and service providers.
Some INYO programs include:
- – Refreshed after-school program
- – Honoring Life Suicide prevention program which includes traditional land-based teachings and other cultural/traditional events, ceremony and celebrations
- – Summer Camp
- – After-school drop-in program – social, recreational
Mini Thni Support team
Crisis planning and response main goals are:
- – To ensure timely access to necessary resources, support and services in times of crisis
- – To be able to address the underlying causes of the crisis; provide and or develop culturally sensitive training for community members and caregivers.
- – Rapid response to an emerging situation
- – Collaborate with community services providers to aid the community in time of needs
- – Support community members facing challenged with adverse situation
- – Referral to services and resources
- – Informational/educational workshops and various help promotion topics
Location: Chiniki College