Well-Baby Care & Support
The Stoney Health Service’s Well-Baby program is built around a circle of care and trust between Stoney Nakoda Nation families and our nursing and support staff.
From the earliest weeks of pregnancy to their child entering school at age 5, families can count on a dedicated nurse and family support assistant to provide consistent medical care and parenting advice grounded in Stoney traditions and cultural practices.
Well-Baby Care Services
- Regular visits in your home from 0 to 5 years. Our nursing and family support assistants work as a team, often making home visits together.
- Pregnancy advice and resources
- Health checks for momma and baby
- Mental health assessments for mommas
- Advice for each stage of your child’s development (breastfeeding and weaning, play, bonding, attachment, safety, language development, potty training, sleep management)
- Guidance and referrals
- How to treat common child illnesses
- Immunization reminders
- Weekly Well-Baby Clinics (details below).
Stoney Health Services offers weekly Well-Baby Clinics at the Family Resource Centre, Wesley Lodge.
Families with children from infant to 5 years are welcome to drop by Wednesdays between 12 – 3 pm: chat with our nursing and resource staff, pick up diapers, wipes and other baby essentials and connect with other local families.