OPEN MON – FRI, 8:30 - 4:30, TEL: 403 881 3920
At the Stoney Health Centre, we believe in a client-centered, multi-disciplinary approach to primary health care. This means that our clients are at the centre of any planning and decision making about their treatment and/or care.
Our primary care is the service the Stoney Nation and it’s residents receive from family
Primary care patient services:
- Preventive care and routine physicals
- Diagnostic services and treatment
- Family planning
- Screenings and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- Screenings and treatment for viral hepatitis B and C
- AIDS/HIV/STD treatment, education, and prevention.
- Services regarding health issues such as: substance abuse, smoking, sexual abuse, suicide, sexual assault, family violence, obesity and nutrition.
- Management of many chronic conditions like diabetes and high blood pressure
- Referrals to speciality providers
- Cervical exams and pap smears
- Smoking cessation services
- Birth control and emergency contraception
- Same-day sick visit care
- Onsite lab draws
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment services
- Workshops and group counselling
- Radiology Services
Our primary care team is composed of family physicians, a nurse practitioners, and primary care nurses. The clinic provides assessment, diagnosis and treatment services. Emphasis is placed on the promotion and maintenance of good health, and on the continuity of care, including making referrals when required.