Days of Operation
Monday – Friday
Hours of operation
8:30am – 4:30pm
Stoney Health Centre
The Diabetes Wellness Program works to help clients achieve their optimum level of health, to promote healthy lifestyles, to reduce the incidence of diabetes and diabetes related complications and to enhance diabetes self management by clients and families, for residents of the Stoney Nakoda community in Morley.
Services Provided: Overall delivery of individualised client services using a Case Management Model for chronic illness management with a focus on the development of strategies to maintaining stable diabetes, prevent complications and improve chronic disease self-management development of basic and advanced education programs as well as insulin administration and home glucose monitoring; including:
– Performing initial and ongoing client/family assessments to determine health needs;
– Planning and providing nursing care that includes diabetes-related and general health counselling, diabetes self-management strategies;
– Developing Care Plans with clients and families;
– Developing, providing and evaluating individual / group diabetes education (e.g., diabetes prevention, medication use, diet and nutritional monitoring etc.)
– Scheduling follow-up appointments as well as facilitating referrals and liaising to other services as needed.