June 15, 2021
Dear Stoney Community Members,
This notice is to advise community members that we are very concerned about the high number of COVID-19 cases in Morley. If you have attended a public gathering such as a wedding, funeral, birthday party, organized event, etc. in the last 14 days, you may have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus. Indigenous Services Canada, Alberta Region (ISC-AB) is working closely with Stoney Health Services to ensure contact tracing can continue and testing is available to all of those at risk.
If you are experiencing signs and symptoms of COVID-19 such as a fever, cough, shortness of breath, nasal symptoms, loss of smell or taste, vomiting, diarrhea or are feeling unwell or unusually tired, please visit the Stoney Health Centre COVID-19 testing site at the Welsey Elder’s Lodge from 12:00pm and 3:30pm on Monday-Friday. It is important to get tested as early as possible as this is when people are the most infectious.
For a complete list of COVID-19 symptoms please visit www.albertahealthservices.ca/covid-19 or call Health Link at 811.
If you are experiencing difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, chest pain, confusion, then please call an ambulance by calling 911. The earlier people receive hospital care if it is needed, the better the outcomes.
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms related to COVID-19 you MUST self-isolate for 10 days after the onset of symptoms, and until your symptoms are resolved (whichever is longer). Under no circumstances should you leave your property during self-isolation.
If you require assistance with food, water, cleaning supplies or medication delivery, please contact the Stoney COVID Line at 403-669-8511.
At this time, ISC-AB regional staff continue to work closely with Stoney Health Services to support increased testing and case management.
In order to limit the spread of COVID-19 we ask that all members please:
- Get Vaccinated! COVID-19 Vaccine is available for any Nation members over the age of 12 yrs, Vaccination Clinic at Stoney Health Center, walk-ins Monday-Friday from 11:00am-4:00pm.
- Immediately self-isolate and contact the health centre call 403-807-0622, if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Wear a mask and practice good hand hygiene.
- Continue to avoid non-essential travel, limit contacts to your immediate household and do not attend any gatherings (indoor or outdoor).
- Please cooperate with contact tracers and your Stoney Health Services COVID-19 Response team if you are called. All your information will be kept private under the Health Information Act.
We understand that this is a difficult time but continued adherence to all public health guidelines is important in limiting the spread of COVID-19 and protecting the community. Full information on all current public health measures can be found on the Alberta Health website here: https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx
The health and safety of Morley community members remains our top priority. We remain committed to working with leadership during this very difficult time.
Dr. Chris Sarin, Deputy Medical Officer of Health, ISC-AB